Monday, April 19, 2010

Tradeshow Week ceases publishing

LAS VEGAS — I have in my possession the last issue of Tradeshow Week. It was in today’s mail.

On Friday it was announced that the magazine is shutting down. I read the news on my iPhone on Sunday afternoon while watching The Apprentice. I often catch up on news while watching television by going through my various iPhone Apps and bookmarks. Tradeshow Week happens to be one of the mobile bookmarks I check on a regular basis.

By now most trade show industry insiders are aware of this somewhat shocking news.

For the record, it was announced on April 16 that Tradeshow Week is no longer publishing any additional print issues and that its Web site will close on April 30. Its parent company, Reed Elsevier, announced almost a year ago, in July 2009, its intentions to substantially exit its Reed Business Information-U.S. publishing business, while retaining some specific businesses.

[READ MORE]



Join the Trade Show Expo World Community

No comments: