Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Not easy finding time to blog

Blogging can be time consuming and it is difficult to find the time when working full time. Meanwhile I have a home-based trade show newspaper — Trade Show Expo —  that I am always working on. I try to add more content to the Web site and I also answer e-mail. Adding a blog was an idea that I hoped would be easy to do and may even get my business site noticed.

I missed a chanc to comment on Brittney, Sen. Craig and to pay homage to victims of 9/11. August and September have been busy months.

Today I found a Web site that address how to find the time to blog.

The Influential Marketing Blog by Rohit Bhargava had some good tips to blogging including:

  1. Set a realistic target. This is the first and most important rule. Expecting yourself to post every day is not only going to burn you out quickly ... it's probably also going to quickly make you feel like you are failing. My target is 3 high quality posts per week, and most weeks I can hit that. The quality is debatable ... but at least I don't have to finish each week feeling blog guilt ...

  2. Let go of your blog guilt. I had a great conversation with John Bell many months ago which I still remember, about the idea of blog guilt. We both have it, as most other bloggers do. It's that moment when you realize that you haven't posted for some extended amount of time, and you feel guilty for it. Even more dangerous is after blog guilt often comes writing paralysis when you are not sure what to write or feel that you should apologize for being absent. Get over it.


There are plenty of others to keep in mind but I don't have time to include them all here. To read more tips, visit his site by clicking here: IMB Blog.

There is still a lot for me to learn about blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vincent - thanks for commenting on this post and I'm glad you found it useful. I'm still learning about blogging 3 years later so it just goes to show that the learning never really stops when it comes to social media. Good luck with your blog!